Intern Position - AEP California Environmental Quality Act Portal
California Association of Environmental Professionals
California Environmental Quality Act Portal
What is the California Association of Environmental Professionals?
The California Association of Environmental Professionals (AEP) was founded in 1974 as non-profit association of public and private sector professionals with a common interest in serving the principles underlying the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA). CEQA requires public agencies to “look before they leap” and consider the environmental consequences of their discretionary actions. CEQA is intended to inform government decisionmakers and the public about the potential environmental effects of proposed activities and to prevent significant, avoidable environmental damage.
The specific and primary purposes of the association are to establish and operate a professional association of persons involved in and committed to improving the processing and implementation of environmental assessment, analysis, public
disclosure, and reporting.
What is the AEP CEQA Portal?
The CEQA Portal
was developed by AEP to provide a set of tools for anyone interested in learning about CEQA. It is intended for CEQA practitioners, attorneys, elected and appointed officials, students, and citizens, to aid in understanding the goals of CEQA, its process and content requirements, and how to prepare CEQA documents. These tools currently consist of the following:
- A set of documents providing clear and organized explanations of a wide variety of CEQA-related topics. The Topic Papers are intended to provide clear answers to frequently-asked questions about these topics.
Case Law Database
- Because the courts have continuing authority to decide issues related to CEQA compliance, the requirements of CEQA are constantly subject to change. The Case Law Database allows users to:
• Select a CEQA Topic or enter a key word and receive a listing of all CEQA cases applicable to that topic or containing that keyword;
• Filter results by Court of Jurisdiction or date range; and
• Sort results chronologically, by court, or by case name.
AEP CEQA Portal Internship
AEP provides an internship for part-time/as-needed assistance to AEP for the management and improvement of the AEP CEQA Portal. Work effort includes research on case law, collection of associated documents, drafting of papers related to CEQA compliance, and assistance on providing AEP membership summaries in case law. We are seeking candidates who enjoy environmental planning and impact analysis and are currently enrolled in high school and/or college. Work is conducted virtual and work effort ranges from 8 to 80 hours a month.
If you are interested, please send your resume to Pat Angell at:
by Friday, October 27, 2023.